Tourism and attractions
- Shopping Amstelveen city center. Which has received the number one award for best shopping center Netherlands in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Aan de Poel. A fine-dining restaurant that was awarded one Michelin star for the period 2009-2012. Since 2013 it carries two Michelin stars. Aan de Poel is located on the shore of lake De Poel.
- Cobra Museum is located in the centre (Stadshart) of Amstelveen.
- Museum Jan van der Togt, is centrehousing a glass art collection
- Birthplace of the artist Jan Cornelis Hofman.
- Birthplace of the actress Famke Janssen.
- Birthplace of the DJ and artist Martin Garrix
- A statue of Rembrandt overlooks the river Amstel, south east from the Amstelpark, where a windmill open to visitors is also situated
- An Electrische Museumtramlijn still connects to Amsterdam in the summer, passing by the Amsterdamse Bos and Olympic rowing lake